I’m going to bail a tad early today in anticipation of staying up half the night to watch primary returns, not least those from here in California. We’ll have a full plate of analysis available tomorrow.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Joni Ernst, likely to win Republican Senate nomination in Iowa tonight, deleted tweet on May 31 offering “thoughts and prayers” for Bowe Bergdahl and family.
* Heritage’s new “objective news” site, the Daily Signal, launches with a wave of agitprop on Benghazi!, Common Core.
* NRA counsels gun activists to refrain from carrying long guns into restaurants without permission. Squishes.
* At Ten Miles Square, Jonathan Bernstein suggests today’s hostility towards climate change activists among Republicans simply replaced an earlier indifference.
* At College Guide, Sarah Carr examines New Orleans’ creation of an all-charter public school district.
And in non-political news:
* Harry Carey barhopping diary from 1972 surfaces.
That’s it for Tuesday. We’ll close with one more Sunnyland Slim tune: “Going Back to Memphis.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.