Proud of the headline I came up with for my post-primary update at the Progressive Policy Institute site: “Thad Lands With a Thud.”
Here are some remains of the day:
* Ohio the latest state where Republicans are seeking to ban use of publicly financed health insurance for IUDs or other “post-fertiliation” birth control methods.
* OR GOP SEN nominee Monica Wehby blames publicity about her serial stalking habits on “Merkley and his band of bullies.” A little projection there, I’d say.
* At Ten Miles Square, James Wimberly discusses “dematerialized growth” and its implications for the environment.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer argues that the difficulty of measuring proficiency in art skills leads to their underprioritization by schools.
And in sorta non-political news:
* Multiple news outlets review their own coverage of Tiananmen Square 25 years later.
That’s it for Wednesday. Let’s close with one more Pistol-whipping: “Holidays in the Sun,” performed in Dallas in 1978.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.