So Iowa governor Terry Branstad says he’ll be neutral in the district convention—stuffed with his friends—that will choose the GOP nominee for a swing House district. Do you believe that? Me neither.
* White House releases “fact sheet” on student loans to begin rollout of new presidential proposals.
* Puckett withdraws name from consideration from VA tobacco commission amidst firestorm of “corrupt bargain” charges. But his daughter will still get her judgeship.
* Las Vegas cop-killers were white supremacists contemplating a Columbine-style mass shooting.
* At Ten Miles Square, Mark Kleiman offers a suggestion of how to deal legally with people driving while stoned.
* At College Guide, Martin Longman reports on Tom Corbett’s very poorly received commencement address at Millersville University.
And in non-political news:
* McDonald’s skinnier Dollar Menu not going over well with consumers.
That’s it for Monday. Let’s close with one more bit of Hammer-stalgia: “Turn This Mutha Out.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.