In case anyone’s wondering why I haven’t written about the new WSJ/NBC poll that has Obama-haters so excited, I’m awaiting the inevitable rejoinder from ABC/WaPo and then maybe we can figure out what’s what.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Barack Obama, whose presidency was declared “over” by Chuck Todd this morning, takes action to protect vast area of the Pacific Ocean from fishing and energy exploration.
* The Nation’s Lee Fang reports that Steve Scalise’s secret weapon in race for House GOP Whip is intense support from fossil-fuel lobby.
* HRC gives copy of her book to “the HRC Squirrel,” the RNC intern in an animal costume who’s following her around and supposedly making her crazy.
* At Ten Miles Square, Jonathan Bernstein offers a strong endorsement for the Glastris/Edwards article on the lobotomization of Congress that’s in the new issue of WaMo.
* At College Guide, Jon Marcus notes that rigor of state law enforcement agencies in dealing with abuses by for-profit schools not being matched by state regulators who are supposed to be preventing them.
And in non-political news:
* Defending World Cup champ Spain knocked out via 2-0 loss to Chile.
That’s it for Hump Day. We’ll close with a laid-back classic from Leon Russell: “Back to the Island.” Eat your heart out, Jimmy Buffet.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.