Really wish Dave Brat would have favored us with a short, punchy manifesto succinctly explaining his religious, economic and political views before running for Congress. Dude has a vast number of reasons for shouting “No!”
Here are some midday amuses bouche, some not very amusing:
* Kurds seize Kirkuk as Iraq teeters on edge of “disintegration.”
* First neutral post-primary poll in Oregon shows Jeff Markley up over Monica Wehby by 18 points.
* Kevin Drum concludes that in the end, the main contributor to the alternative universe of U.S. conservatism remains Fox News.
* Hard-core conservatives scramble for new Majority Leader candidate as Hensarling bows out.
* In a classic Politico take, Byron Tau defends Eric Cantor’s choice of a pricey steakhouse for fundraisers.
And in non-political news:
* Preview of World Cup opening ceremonies (featuring Pitbull!), scheduled to begin in a few minutes.
As we break for lunch, here’s more Return to Forever, with “Sorceress.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.