Just discovered a first-class falafel sandwich in a downtown Atlanta food court. Who knew?
Here are some midday news/views snack, with a side of tahini:
* One of the Mississippi Tea Party leaders implicated in the photographing of Rose Cochran dies, reportedly by his own hand.
* Immigration reform activists planning to occupy House office buildings today to protest GOP obstruction of legislation.
* Stimson Center report warns U.S. use of drones can lead to wider conflicts.
* Maliki complains about delays in buying U.S. jets, hopes for succor from Russia and Belarus.
* Newly revealed emails on the “corrupt bargain” that secured Republican control of Virginia Senate look pretty bad for former Sen. Phillip Puckett.
And in non-political news:
* Big shake-up at The View!
As we break for lunch, here’s another eastern-y classic from Yes: “The Revealing Science of God.” Wrote some strange college papers to this one.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.