Blogging from I-85 heading towards ATL. Still re-adjusting to the daily afternoon thunderstorm; in central Cali, sound of thunder usually means earthquake.
Here are some dry, solid midday news/views treats:
* New York’s highest court rules that local governments have the authority to ban oil/gas drilling and fracking.
* U.S.-Iran nuclear talks on a parallel if separate track as tacit cooperation on Iraq.
* Krugman suggests the latest supply-side experiment, in Kansas, going like the others.
* In ironic follow-up to MS SEN, Republicans planning key role in choice of Democratic sheriff of major metro Atlanta county.
* At the Prospect, Scott Lemieux offers positive reaction to SCOTUS abortion clinic “buffer zone” decision last week.
And in non-political news:
* Crumbs Bake Shop’s troubles signals end to cupcake craze.
As we break for lunch, here’s another song with some references to tooth decay: The Beatles with “Savoy Truffle.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.