Just got the distressing news that the beloved pet of our minister (we often puppy-sat her) has died, and the whole world’s watching soccer right now, so I’m going to hang it up for the day.
* Gallup finds Americans dropping well below peers in most countries in level of satisfaction with “freedom to choose what to do with your life.” Betcha conservatives think this has to do with Obamacare; progressives would point to economic insecurity.
* Sandra Fluke weighs in on Hobby Lobby at WaPo.
* Daily Caller pays Mississippi minister to report he was paid to steer voters to Cochran.
* At Ten Miles Square, Julia Azari notes that whatever its implications, Hobby Lobby case united all the major GOP factions.
* At College Guide, Sarah Butrymowicz passes along map of percentage of teachers with tenure in California counties.
And in non-political news:
* CNBC viewership takes a dive. I blame it on Rick Santelli.
That’s it for Tuesday. It’s not looking good for USA in overtime of match with Belgium, but you never know.
Let’s close with one more Canadian classic: Neil Young performing “Helpless” with The Band.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.