Lost this post about nine seconds before publishing it. Hope I didn’t forget anything important. And yes, it may be time to invest in another Chromebook:
Here are some remains of the day:
* Lotta schadenfreude over possibility Cuban intelligence planted Menendez “scandal” story that Daily Caller and other conservative outlets ran with so rapidly.
* Cochran campaign dismisses big cash disbursements that Team McDaniels is suggesting represented vote-buying funds as “accounting error.”
* In wake of Hobby Lobby decision, Kansas conservatives call for reviving “religious liberty” bill shelved earlier by Republicans.
* At Ten Miles Square, Jonathan Bernstein defends media reporting on “gaffes” as distinct from scandal-mongering.
* At College Guide, Clare McCann judges House higher ed data bill inadequate.
And in non-political news:
* Oh my: Germany’s 7-1 win over host Brazil in World Cup semifinals being called “beatdown of the century.”
That’s it for Tuesday. Let’s close with one more DC5 hit: “Because.” Maybe we’ll mix it up with MC5 tomorrow.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.