A “get well” shout-out to my favorite college football blogger, Senator Blutarsky of Get the Picture, who’s suffering from a pinched nerve and feeling old. I hear you, brother!
Here are some remains of the day:
* At Vox Ezra Klein has a very thorough account of the estrangement of teachers unions from the Obama administration (& to some extent the Democratic Party).
* TNR’s Jonathan Cohn suggests GOP courting trouble by holding convention in state whose GOP governor supported Medicaid expansion.
* Greg Sargent envisions a GOP held hostage by Ted Cruz’s demands that it oppose marriage equality forever.
* At Ten Miles Square, Michael O’Hare illustrates how complex it can be to judge the environmental impact of using common consumer products.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer notes that the Hobby Lobby decision does not automatically extend new exemption from contraception coverage mandate to religious colleges.
And in sorta non-political news:
* Hilarious sendup by WaPo’s Mark Berman of assumption that every issue can best be analyzed via charts and graphs.
That’s it for Wednesday. We’ll close with one more MC5 performance at Wayne State: “Rambling Rose,” with an amusingly contemporary intro:
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.