Blurry-eyed from staring at Pew tables, but that’s why God made Visine and naps.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Senate Republicans (or at least all but Collins, Kirk and Murkowski) filibuster to death Democratic bill to reverse Hobby Lobby.
* New Pew survey shows 43% of Republicans and 56% of Tea Party folk favor deportation of all undocumented immigrants. That’s a big pretty big shift just since February.
* Nate Cohn’s latest Senate projection calls party control “a coin flip.” Also includes nifty chart of all the major projections from his competitors.
* At Ten Miles Square, Henry Farrell mulls implications of announcement opposing Hong Kong democracy movement by Big Four global accounting firms.
* At College Guide, Jill Barshay reports persistent wage gap between young men and women just a few years out of college.
And in non-political news:
* Three of five first-year comics on Saturday Night Live fired.
That’s it for Hump Day. Let’s close with an interestingly different Roxy Music performance of “Casanova.” Don’t know that I prefer clarinets and strings to loud guitars, but it’s still pretty good.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.