A horrendous day all right.
Here are some remainders:
* Greg Sargent supplies facts & figures on efforts already made to boost border security, and suggests Democrats start talking about them.
* At TNR Julia Ioffe argues downing of Malaysian airliner, regardless of who’s responsible, means Russia-Ukraine struggle is completely “out of control.”
* At The Atlantic, Peter Beinart fears HRC is repeating “American exceptionalist” bromides that are central to conservative critiques of Obama foreign policy.
* At Ten Miles Square, Ramesh Ponnuru lays into “statistical cranks” on Right fanning imaginary inflation fears.
And in non-political news:
* Wild bank robbery and firefight in Stockton, CA, leaves two robbers and a hostage dead.
That’s it for Thursday. We’ll close with Johnny Winter performing “I Can’t Be Satisfied” with Muddy Waters in Pennsylvania in 1977.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.