Spent the whole day being startled by every glance at the clock. Adjusting to EDT not as easy as getting to sleep in.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Kevin Drum weighs in with his own critique of Tom Frank’s latest attack on Obama.
* Hospitals are struggling in states that rejected Medicaid expansion.
* And speaking of Obamacare, the prestigious New England Journal of Medicine has prepared and published a report suggesting an even higher level of insurance coverage via ACA than previous estimates: 20 million.
* At Ten Miles Square, Mark Kleiman dissects and explodes study concluding “socialism” causes dishonest government.
* At College Guide, Jill Barshay discusses research showing traditional, teacher-directed math instruction still works best with first-grade students, especially those struggling with math.
And in non-political news:
* Shakira voted most likable celebrity on Facebook.
That’s it for Monday. We’ll close with a tune from Yusuf Islam’s relatively recent return to musical performance: the highly didactic devotional, “I Look, I See:”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.