Fourth day in Georgia and temperature hasn’t topped 90 yet! And it’s in mid-70s back in Central Cali, which is balmy for there.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Iowa’s Steve King says Obama “not raised in the American experience.” Really wish this troglodyte had consented to run for the Senate.
* GOPers willing to vote against border funding bill even if it includes money for Israel’s Iron Dome.
* Greg Sargent highlights CNN poll showing 72% of Republicans don’t think Obamacare has helped anybody (presumably not even those people).
* At Ten Miles Square, Jonathan Bernstein dismantles Chuck Schumer’s arguments in favor of a “top two” nonpartisan primary system like California’s.
* At College Guide, Clare McCann notes money for refugee crisis could divert funds from the federal education budget.
And in non-political news:
* Apple profits up even though iPad sales down.
That’s it for Wednesday. Let’s close with a taste of Alison Krauss’ fiddlin’ talent in a Union Station bluegrass jam. Amazing musicianship all around.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.