Hard to say if the antibiotics are kicking in just yet, but I look a bit less like a squirrel today.
Here are some midday news/views treats I’ve squirreled away:
* Cedar Rapids Gazette scolds HRC for not giving Iowa enough respect in 2008.
* On the other hand, Iowa Democrats taking steps to address HRC campaign’s complaints about obstacles to participation in the Caucuses.
* Rick Perry getting grief from Texans for letting his back pain get in the way of wearing cowboy boots.
* New York Times’ Jackie Calmes analyzes emergence of unmarried women as very large and increasingly Democratic voting bloc.
* Fox panelist Jesse Watters suggests single “Beyonce voters” are pro-Democratic because they need government as substitute for a husband. What a jerk.
And in non-political news:
* Defending champ Andy Murray knocked out of Wimbledon in quarterfinals.
As we break for lunch, here’s Thunderclap Newman with “Wild Country.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.