Fell asleep last night re-reading Diarmaid MacCulloch’s great biography of Thomas Cranmer, dreamed of endless intrigue, woke up tired.
Here are some decidedly non-Tudor midday news/views snacks:
* Republicans choose Cleveland over Dallas as site of their 2016 convention.
* Whoa! Palin comes right out and demands impeachment of Obama.
* Rick Perry demands meeting in Texas with President, but won’t offer public handshake. Guess that would imply uppity Obama is an equal to Rick.
* “Neutral” Ted Cruz calls for “vigorous” investigation of voter fraud allegations in Mississippi GOP SEN runoff.
* Reid announces legislation undoing Hobby Lobby decision a Senate priority before election.
And in non-political news:
* Pink Floyd releasing first new album in twenty years.
As we break for lunch, here’s another Dave Clark 5 tune—one that I once owned on a 45 when it was a hit a half-century ago: “Glad All Over.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.