The temptation to eat bad-for-me food is really overwhelming here in Georgia. Indulged in the fried green tomato bacon & cheese sandwich at Doug’s Place in Emerson on Sunday, but it hasn’t cured the craving entirely.
Here are some less lethal midday snacks:
* Lloyd Grove speculates about successor to “Dead Head Talking” David Gregory as moderator of Meet the Press (or just Meet as Beltway types often call it).
* Twitter boasts of its diversity efforts.
* Excellent profile of Michelle Nunn’s campaign style as “grit, but no red meat,” by Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Jim Galloway.
* Nicholas Kristof provides “Idiot’s Guide to Inequality” for people who can’t make it through Piketty.
* At TNR Rebecca Leber notes that even Pentagon testimony doesn’t convince Republicans to take climate change seriously.
And in non-political news:
* New commercial airline mystery arises with disappearance of Air Algerie flight over northern Mali.
As we break for lunch, here’s more Magic Sam, with “Looking Good.” Sure sounding good.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.