Georgia aflame with Josh (Brother of Aaron) Murray victory on Bachelorette.
Here are some less cheesy midday news/views treats:
* Pelosi pushing for quick House vote on V.A. “fix” bill before bipartisan agreement can fall apart.
* Still no definitive confirmation or denial of reports U.S. Chamber will endorse Mary Landrieu.
* New likely-voter poll in Kentucky shows McConnell with narrow 47-45 lead over Grimes.
* The Atlantic’s Molly Ball contributes to growing CW that immigration issue key to Perdue upset of Jack Kingston in GA last week.
* Atlanta Journal-Constitution has a useful roundup of reactions to the leak of strategy memos prepared for Michelle Nunn campaign at beginning of the year, which GOP is trying to make into a big deal.
And in non-political news:
* California judge clears way for sale of L.A. Clippers.
As we break for lunch, here’s Cream performing my favorite song of theirs, “White Room,” in 1968.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.