Want to know how slow a news day it is here in Georgia? Atlanta Journal-Constitution did write-up of Republican congressional staffer from Augusta who made The Hill’s “50 Most Beautiful Washingtonians” list.
Here are some newsier midday treats:
* Justin Wolfers notes that among economists there’s no longer any doubt the 2009 stimulus legislation lifted the economy.
* The Hill’s Alexandre Jaffe reports on disagreement among observers about November implications of bad primary turnout.
* Satanists having fun with Hobby Lobby-based claims on behalf of their own “religious liberty.”
* Mark Liebovich enjoys ludicrous praise being heaped on the ever-bland Terry Branstad by GOP presidential wannabes.
* Evan Thomas plumbs new depths of Nixon White House tapes.
And in sorta non-political news:
* Fox Democrat Bob Beckel jumps shark again by calling Bachelorette Andi Dorfman “a slut.” Definitely time to retire, Bob.
As we break for lunch—I was already planning on using different versions of “Wild Thing,” but thanks to commenter kendoran for reminding me of the “Senator Bobby” version that came out in 1967, featuring “Teddy” on ocarina:
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.