Sorry for the late lunch, but as explained earlier, it was unavoidable. Thanks to Martin for filling in.
Here are some just-in-time midday news/views treats.
* Rep. Rosa DeLauro introduces national sugary soda tax legislation.
* Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds law eliminating collective bargaining rights for public employees.
* At the Prospect, Paul Waldman predicts the willingness to sue Obama to become an early litmus test for all Republicans.
* TNR’s David Dayen reports on the metro-wide Bay Area minimum-wage campaign.
* At The Nation, Steven Gillers discusses possible obstruction of justice charges against Andrew Cuomo.
And in non-political news:
* MLB trade deadline liveblog!
As we break for lunch, here’s some more Trip Shakespeare, with the title track to Lulu.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.