Next week I’ll be back in Cali, which means fewer 7:00 AM Daylight Videos but a more predictable schedule after that.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Dr. Ben Carson sets up PAC and designates campaign manager for potential 2016 presidential run.
* The chaos continues as House GOP tries to pass border and anti-DACA bills late tonight; Senate’s long gone.
* Krugman ponders the determination of politicians to find “experts” who will give them bad advice.
* At Ten Miles Square, Harold Pollack cites rapid progress on reducing ranks of uninsured in Kentucky as validation of all the hard work leading up to enactment of ACA.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer seeks to separate the real from the artificial problems associated with Common Core.
And in non-political news:
* Wall Street found a new reason—Argentinian debt—to act bearish today.
That’s it for Friday. Martin Longman will be in for Weekend Blogging tomorrow. We’ll close with a Slavic off-to-the-war song, popular from the Balkan Wars through the Russian Civil War and beyond: “Farewell of Slavianka.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.