Feel like I’m missing something today. Let’s see, it’s Thursday. Wait, is there a primary? Oh, yeah, that was just Tennessee.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Executive Director of Fraternal Order of Police rips Obama for criticizing Ferguson cops. Don’t think this exercise of solidarity is going to stand for long.
* Fox News’ Martha McCallum all over rumors of New Black Panther Party presence in Ferguson. They’re everywhere, stealing elections, fomenting riots!
* TNR’s Brian Beutler notes one reason media all over HRC/Obama “clash” on foreign policy is that they clearly don’t disagree on much of anything else. Good point.
* At Ten Miles Square, Don Taylor shares my assessment of Avik Roy’s new health plan as rising or falling on willingness of GOP pols to buy it, but unlike me he’s pretty sure it will get traction after midterms.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer again deplores tendency to think education is solution to inequality, when inequality is obstacle to better education.
And in non-political news:
* Burger King kills commitment to lower-calories “Satisfries.” But “Chicken Fries” are back!
That’s it for Thursday. Let’s close with Television performing “Foxhole” in 1978. Those boys sure could play the guitar.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.