Well, feeling much better so far today. Thanks for the expressions of sympathy for my chronic issues. PA didn’t miss too many beats, though.
Here are some remains of the day:
* New Mexico GOP Senate candidate runs ad with pix of Foley killer juxtaposed with Obama golfing. Get used to it.
* Hey, pundits, this is what “disarray” looks like: French socialist government in trouble after economics minister suggests France is wrongly following Germany’s austerity policies.
* Priceless Fox headline: “More White House officials at Michael Brown’s funeral than Thatcher’s.”
* At Ten Miles Square, Martin Longman wittily goes All Cicero on MoDo.
* At College Guide—well, just read the whole September/October issue of the Washington Monthly!
And in non-political news:
* Amazon is buying Twitch for a reported cool billion dollars. Barely even raises eybrows any more, does it?
That’s it for a Manic Monday. Let’s close with a classic song of schoolboy envy with some underlying class tension: The Jam with a faithful cover of The Kinks’ “David Watts.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.