After the heavy lifting on Rick Perry and Elizabeth Warren, I have aching fingers. But I’ll get over it.
Here are some lighter midday news/views snacks:
* At Politico, Nicholas Fandos asks why Tennessee holds primaries on Thursday, and concludes nobody really knows.
* New York Times’ Linda Greenhouse touts Alabama federal judge’s 172-page opinion striking down state’s abortion restriction law as a potential landmark.
* Also at the Times, Robert Draper asks if America has reached a “libertarian moment.” More about that later.
* Kentucky’s Alison Grimes calls herself a “Clinton Democrat,” in what some are interpreting as dig at Obama, as the Big Dog campaigns alongside her.
* TNR’s Danny Vinik provides a useful map of where recent U.S. asylum-seekers have come from. Central America’s way down the list; China the single biggest source.
And in non-political news:
* There are now two actual hurricanes heading right towards Hawaii, which also experienced an earthquake this morning. What’s next? Sharknado?
As we break for lunch, here’s more Jimmie Vaughan, playing “Texas Flood” at a tribute for his late younger brother Stevie Ray.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.