I’ll be in Iowa from Saturday til Tuesday, mainly to attend the State Fair and visit friends, but you never know what politicians you’ll bump into there.
Here are some midday news/views snacks-on-a-stick:
* Alec MacGillis has the essential backgrounder on militarization of police after 9/11.
* Rand Paul attacks militarization of the police, too, but of course attributes it to Big Government.
* New UK general election forecast suggests another coalition government despite collapse of LibDems.
* Chuck Todd Meet the Press gig to be finally announced today.
* At Daily Beast, Patricia Murphy reports that those “losing” right-wing SuperPACs are having great fundraising year.
And in non-political news:
* The Upshot offers very cool charts about migration among the states over time.
As we break for lunch, here’s Television’s Tom Verlaine performing “Bomb” in 1987.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.