Having some medical issues this week that could disrupt regular blogging, but I’ll try to minimize it as much as possible.
Here are some midday news/views treats from the hospital snack bar (just kidding!):
* Missouri State Police Captain Ron Johnson flashes college fraternity signal in various pix, and some of our woolly-headed friends thought it was a “gang sign.”
* TNR’s Brian Beutler examines conservative fury over Ferguson voter registration drive.
* ISIS-executed James Foley was one of the last Western journalists to have reported from Syria.
* Obama promises “justice” for Foley, could increase airstrikes.
* Pryor first red state Senate candidate to run major ad touting his vote for Obamacare.
And in non-political news:
* Porcine virus causing massive number of deaths in U.S. pig population.
As we break for lunch, here’s Sneaky Pete Kleinow performing with the Burritos on “Lazy Day.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.