I’m really struggling today, sports fans, after a largely sleepless flu-ridden night. I should be over this by Monday, but forgive me my shortcomings today.
Here are some midday news/views munchies:
* TNR’s Danny Vinik documents the Tea Folks’ steady disillusionment with Paul Ryan.
* MSNBC’s Irin Carmon explains the Obama administration’s new “accomodations” to contraception coverage mandate.
* Lurid Republican ideas about child refugees continue to escalate, as Iowa GOP National Committeewoman Tamara Scott suggests the children could have been sent into U.S. as “highly trained warriors.”
* Bibi Netayahu may be target of criminal investigation of leak of high-level military briefing on costs of reoccupying Gaza.
* At the Prospect, Peter Montgomery explains why Dinesh D’Souza’s racist fantasy is at top of bestseller list.
And in non-political news:
* Jell-O sales continue to melt.
As we break for lunch, here’s more Robert Junior Lockwood with “Mean Black Spider.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.